Monday, May 11, 2009

Time for Progress

Or that's what society would like me to believe.
Today I have no school. No one is home but me. My self-motivation is somewhere outside in the sun and the breeze. Where it drew me.
I walked to the park with some fruit and a textbook. Aside from the insects determined to distract me with their clicking, buzzing, and overall existence, I could say that I got a lot done. That term being a general one... depending on the person who uses it. I guess my idea of "getting work done" is loosely translated as "getting enough work done so as not to feel like a slob/failure." Today I have succeeded in doing so. Huzzah.
The park was refreshing in its tranquility. I settled myself under a large tree by the pond, where I could watch the birds; The ducks of stone, the geese of white, and the Great Heron swooping down on me with heavy beats of wings.
Children laughing, grandfathers sitting and breathing, dragonflies whirling. All of it conjured in me a seriousness that surely doesn't befit me.
At the moment I am peaceful. However, as soon as I begin my studies again the fear and the panic will creep upon me like a poison shadow... and I will have to distract myself with the mundane, and mind-numbing things that I love so well.

No comments: